FUNDING BUTTON LINK

Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Power Of Love: Timeless Wisdom

Share this ARTICLE with your colleagues on LinkedIn .






We live in a world which has become an increasingly cynical place... a place where things are analyzed, categorized and de-mystified to the very  point of sterility and insignificance. We often tend to explain rather than experience, or to look at schematics instead of the whole magical machine. Our failure to explain something, or sensorially detect the presence of something doesn't mean that it just isn't there or doesn't exist.

In a world of science and analysis, there must still be some room left magic and synthesis.

In The Sending Signals Blog I have certainly been guilty of dissecting seduction and persuasion into pheromonal chemistry and psychological manipulation -- but my intention in doing so was not to defile them or reduce their greatness...no, it was to make them (seduction and persuasion, both great things which can lead to even greater things) more accessible to those who wanted to take advantage of the knowledge of their workings.

Love is a connection between two persons which may entail many components and which may be dominated by any one of them, whether it is sex, companionship, deep understanding, common interests and passions, mysteriousness, admiration, the glory of solving the puzzle of another's personality and secrets or some bonding factor that eludes or exceeds our ability to simplify or define. Love is magical in its own right. It has made strong men weak, and weak men strong...it has made slaves of many, but has also set many free. Most importantly, love often provides a reason for doing something or for not doing something -- love may be the ultimate deciding factor in so many instances.

Love has caused almost unbearable hurt and almost unfathomable healing. It has clouded vision and rendered clarity. If every there existed a double-edged sword in Humanity's behavior, that sword is love.

No matter how you may feel at the moment, love is never, ever wasted. It is the source of nurturing and motivation.

It is rumored that Shakespeare said that "'Tis better to have loved and to have lost than to never have loved at all." Yet there were times when I was so hurt by someone with whom I had been smitten that I had wished with all of my heart (or at least so I had thought at the time) that love was a destructive force that was best never felt at all.

When I was visiting the North Fork (wine country) out on the East End of Long Island a short while ago, I came across a chalk board in front of a small curio shop in one of the small villages near where I was staying, and I photographed it with my iPhone. It was timeless wisdom from Lao Tzu on the dual aspects of loving and being loved. I wanted to capture it to share it with you, for sharing knowledge, experience and information is what I choose to do with all of my blogging efforts.

The sign said:

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." - Lao Tzu

I think that for the first time in a long while, I'll just leave that statement to stand on its own sacred merits than to smash it into tiny components, and to analyze these tiny fragments each in isolation of the others.

Something about the sign says to me, "Sometimes things should be left as you found them, lest you demean them by your thoughtless actions."

I will leave you alone now to enjoy the beauty of both the poetry and the profundity of the words of a man much greater than myself.

Douglas E. Castle 




View DOUGLAS E. CASTLE's profile on LinkedIn

Douglas E Castle
All Blogs & RSS Feeds

Share this page
Contact Douglas Castle
Follow Me on Pinterest


No comments:

Bookmark and Share